2020 REHABILITATION THERAPY SPECIALTY TRAINING PROGRAM
LAST CALL – DEADLINE EXTENDED
DUE: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH
Each scholar will participate in a total of 35 hours of training covering all aspects of comprehensive care provided at a MS center. Applicants must hold appropriate licensure, certification and/or registrations in the state/province of their current employment OR be currently enrolled in an accredited rehabilitation graduate program and be prepared to spend 5-7 days (including travel) for the program. Trainees must stay through completion of the program, no exceptions. Areas of education may include:
- Medical management in MS – neurological and nursing care
- Exposure to psychosocial services
- Wellness services or referral for health promotion
- MS-Specific rehabilitation programs * 60 minute overview for each discipline-basics to advanced as identified by the fellows prior to the site visit [3 hr] * Patient interaction
- Active clinical research programs [discussion and/or participation in ongoing program]
- Exposure to seating and mobility clinics
- Spasticity interventions
Applications should be submitted by the rehabilitation professional or professionals-in-training. The application and selection process will be administered independently of grantors through a board review process of the CMSC and the CMSC Rehabilitation Special Interest Group.
THE NEW DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is November 26, 2019
Submit application form to Cindy Bobowski via:
Fax: (866) 920-6813
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.